Deferral of commencement
If you have been made an offer to an undergraduate course starting in Autumn semester (the beginning of the year), you may be able to defer the commencement of your course for 12 months, to take a gap year.
It is not possible to defer your commencement if you:
- have been made an offer to the Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Midwifery or Bachelor of Teaching,
- are studying a postgraduate or honours course,
- want to defer for less than 12 months,
- have already enrolled in your course since receiving your offer,
- are commencing your course in second semester (spring).
If any of the above apply, your options are to:
- accept your offer, and commence your course at UTS, or
- not accept your offer, and reapply to UTS when you are ready to commence your course.
If you choose to defer the commencement of your course and you:
- have previously deferred commencement of this course, or
- are planning on studying a:
- TAFE course at AQF diploma level or above,
- private provider course at AQF diploma level or above, or
- course at another university
you will not be automatically guaranteed a place at UTS the following year. Your application will be re-assessed, taking into account your academic record from your tertiary level study.
If none of the above applies, and you wish to defer your course commencement, and this option is available with your offer, you should:
- Log into Start@UTS.
- Activate your UTS email and access account within Start@UTS.
- Log into My Student Admin and choose the defer option.
Please be aware that the last day to defer is Friday the 22nd of February 2013.
Student and related rules:
5.5 Deferral of commencement