Students who are primary carers or are pregnant
It is possible for adjustments to be made to the time frame of assessments if:
- you have significant carer responsibilities, or
- your assessment will be significantly affected by your pregnancy.
Your academic liaison officer(s)(ALO(s)) are responsible for negotiating and approving assessment arrangements with your subject coordinators and lecturers.
Arrange to meet with your academic liaison officer(s) (ALO(s)). If you are enrolled in a double degree you will need to see your ALOs in both faculties.
When you meet with your ALO(s) you will need to take:
- Documentation of your situation and how it is likely to impact on your studies (If no documentation is available, your ALO may accept a statutory declaration, forms are available at newsagents, post offices or student services)
- A list of your subjects and the course outlines if available.
- An Application for assessment adjustment arrangements for students who are primary carers or students who are pregnant form.
To have arrangements made for future teaching periods you will need to contact your ALO again by the census date for that teaching period.
If you are not satisfied with the ALO's decision about assessment arrangements you can appeal to your Responsible Academic Officer and/or Associate Dean.
If you need assessment arrangements for tasks other than centrally-conducted exams the ALO will advise your lecturers.
Check with your lecturers before the assessment task is scheduled to ensure they are aware of the arrangements authorised by your ALO.
Student and related rules:
8.2.3 Students with carer responsibilities